StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes
Super - Abbreviated Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be a legal resident of U.S., at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins March 7, 2018 and ends on April 30, 2018. For complete details, see official rules available at https://www.indeed.com/create-resume/lp/nursing/promo/studysoup. Sponsor: StudySoup Inc. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Eligibility is limited to legal residents of the fifty states of the United States, who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence if such legal age is over 18) on or before their entry into the Sweepstakes. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor, StudySoup Inc., Promotional Partner, Indeed.com, or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiary and parent companies, distributors, contractors, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and members of immediate families or households of any of the foregoing persons are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes starts March 7, 2018 and ends on April 30, 2018. See Official Rules for how to enter. The winning entrants will be determined in accordance with the Official Rules from among all eligible entries submitted. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes subject to additional restrictions contained in Official Rules found at https://www.indeed.com/create-resume/lp/nursing/promo/studysoup. See Official Rules for details. Sponsor: StudySoup Inc. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE IF SUCH LEGAL AGE IS OVER 18) ON OR BEFORE THEIR ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES (DEFINED BELOW). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE ACT OF ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES AS CONTAINED HEREIN AND OF THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- 1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The entry period for the StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on March 7, 2018, 12:01 AM Central Time (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ends on April 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time (the “Sweepstakes End Date”) (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Period”). One prize will be awarded.
- 2. HOW TO ENTER: Only one entry per person will be eligible for a Prize. You may enter the Sweepstakes by one of the methods described below; provided that your entry is received prior to 11:59 PM Central Time on the Sweepstakes End Date. Regardless of entry method, you may only enter once. Any attempt to enter more than once during the Sweepstakes Period may result in disqualification of all entries submitted by that person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. You may enter this Sweepstakes via either on-line or mail-in entry methods described as follows. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of StudySoup Inc. (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Each entry must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by federal, state, or local laws.
- Internet Entry Method: You may enter this Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period via the Internet by logging on to https://studysoup.com/scholarships/nurses-educational-scholarship-indeed and providing all required information.
- Upload Resume Method: You may enter this Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period via the Internet by logging on to https://www.indeed.com/create-resume/lp/nursing/promo/studysoup and providing all required information and uploading your resume according to the instructions (you may be required to create an account on www.indeed.com).
- Mail-in Entry Method: Alternatively, anyone may enter the Sweepstakes during Sweepstakes Period by hand-printing the words StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope, along with your fully completed entry to: StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes, c/o StudySoup Inc., 771 Clementina St., San Francisco, CA 94103.
- 3. A total of one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Promotional Partner on behalf of Sponsor on or about May 15, 2018.
- 4. PRIZE:
One prize, consisting solely of $1,000 (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”), will be awarded to the winner of this Sweepstakes. The approximate total retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000. The total value of all Prizes to be given away is $1,000. There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded.
No substitution, cash equivalent, transfer, or assignment of the Grand Prize is permitted. Prize is not transferable, or assignable.
Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the Grand Prize and for any other expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically described herein.
Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner will be awarded his or her prize only after such winner’s eligibility has been verified and such potential winner has completed a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law).
Failure by the potential winner to return such executed documents (including the publicity release) will result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
The Grand Prize shall be made in the form of a check payable to the individual winner.
- 5. NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified within two weeks of the drawing selecting the winner of the Grand Prize. Failure by potential winner to respond to such notification within ten (10) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, failure by the potential winner to adhere to these Official Rules, a finding that the entrant is ineligible or declines to accept the Prize for any reason, or the return of the Grand Prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor has no obligation to make repeated attempts to contact any winner.
- 6. ADDITIONAL TERMS:
You need not be present to win.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
The decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor and Promotional Partner are not responsible for errors in these Official Rules, publication thereof, the operation of any website, the delivery of e-mails or regular mail, the failure of any entrant to provide correct information, or any other matter related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor and Promotional Partner are not responsible for internet service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing an application. The Sponsor and Promotional Partner are not responsible for applications not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, and other technological problems. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- 7. DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor and Promotional Partner and each of their respective affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prize. The Sponsor and Promotional Partner are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or at a web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering the Sweepstakes or downloading any material for the Sweepstakes, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate, or any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- 8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. Sweepstakes entrants hereby release and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotional Partner and their parents, companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, managers, members, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages, claims or causes of action (however named or described, and whether brought by winner, entrants, or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes), with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the receipt or use of any Prize awarded, (iii) use of any information or materials provided by entrant to Sponsor or Promotional Partner for purposes of this Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, submission of and Sponsor’s or Promotional Partner’s use of an entry), or (iv) any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or entry or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or entry or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Promotional Partner are not responsible for and shall not be liable for lost, late, delayed, incomplete, unreadable, garbled, inaccurate, or erroneously transmitted entries or information provided by Sweepstakes entrants.
- 9. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION: In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by unauthorized human intervention, tampering, mechanical or electronic failures, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to void any entries submitted fraudulently or to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, in which case the Sponsor shall not be required to award any prize or substitute prize. The Sponsor will prosecute any and all fraudulent activities to the fullest extent of the law.
- 10. CONDUCT OF ENTRANTS: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 11. ADDITIONAL SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of the Prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. Such winnings will be reported to the IRS.
By participating in the Sweepstakes or accepting the Prize, each entrant consents to (except where prohibited by law) and assigns ownership of his or her entry to Sponsor, including all rights to print, publish, broadcast, edit and reasonably use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, at any time or times, such entry.
Winning entrants hereby grant Sponsor and Promotional Partner and their respective licensees, affiliates and assigns the right to print, publish, broadcast, edit and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, their respective names, portraits, pictures, voices, likenesses, hometown address, age, contents of the entry and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes relating to this Sweepstakes and Sponsor’s or Promotional Partner’s products or services without additional financial or other compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By providing information to Sponsor pursuant to this Sweepstakes, each entrant consents to Sponsor’s use of such information for future promotional or any other purposes allowed by law.
Each entrant also represents and warrants that any and all materials submitted for entry into this Sweepstakes are such entrant’s own, that such entrant owns all rights, interest, and title to any and all such materials, and that entrant has secured any necessary consents or waivers from third parties relating to such materials.
Winners must sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the Grand Prize unless prohibited by law. Winners further agree to appear for any presentation or other activity which may include filming, audio, video, electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined from time to time by the Sponsor, unless prohibited by law. By providing information pursuant to this Sweepstakes, the entrant consents to the Sponsor’s use of such information for future promotional or any other purposes allowed by law.
- 12. PRIVACY: Information collected during this Sweepstakes will be subject to the privacy policies of Sponsor (https://studysoup.com/privacy_policy) and Promotional Partner (www.indeed.com/legal#privacy).
- 13. WINNER’S LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: For an Official Winners List or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: StudySoup Scholars Sweepstakes - Winners List – or – Official Rules, StudySoup Inc., 771 Clementina St., San Francisco, CA 94103. All requests must be received by May 30, 2018. Official Rules also available at https://www.indeed.com/create-resume/lp/nursing/promo/studysoup.
- 14. SPONSOR: StudySoup Inc. is the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or end the Sweepstakes at any time.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
All rights reserved.